Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

My 2013 in Review

Happy New Year everyone! Before I start talking about my hopes and goals for the new year I want to look back at my 2013 and share it with you.

Highlights
- 5 concerts (All Time Low, Taylor Swift, Marianas Trench, Jonas Brothers, Fall Out Boy)
- Figured out what I wanted to do with my life
- Started college
- Really started watching YouTube
- My beautiful baby cousin, Hilary was born
- I got a job

Lessons Learned.
1) Don't drag things out, rip off the band-aid . I ended my first (almost) relationship after thinking about it miserably for a month, I got to the point where I was up at night worrying about it. Eventually I just decided to make that move and I felt so relieved

2) When you enjoy school, you will be more successful. In high school I never did exceptionally well. I didn't fail any of my classes but I wasn't one to strive for good marks. I had a "meh, good enough" mentality because I didn't care. Now that I am in college, learning things that interest me, I finished my semester with a 81.4 % average.

3) Stop hating your body, accept your imperfections. I know that I will never be a model, I am too short and quite curvy and I have decided that instead of forcing myself into a strict diet, to accept my body for how it is.

4) People do not change. There is no point in thinking someone from your past is "different now" because you haven't talked to them in a year and a half. They will not be a new person, they have the same morals and standards and you will just realize why you stopped talking to them in the first place.

5) Make mistakes. It's how you learn life's important lessons. Don't be afraid to screw up and make a couple of mistakes, Admit it to yourself and move on.

6) Use sunscreen. This is self explanatory but I got the worst sunburn I had ever experienced and now that I am going to school for esthetics I know how easy the skin can be damaged.

7)Tell people how you feel. It's better to say too much and scare someone away than to say too little. If they decide to leave then they don't deserve to be in your life.

I hope that 2014 is filled with plenty of new experiences, good and bad. And I can'y wait to embrace it all.
You can expect plenty of posts in the future about beauty and fashion and life advice on this little old blog. I want this to be the year that I commit to this.

xoJess

No comments :

Post a Comment